FRENCH ADVERTISING SIGN 'LE PETIT JOURNAL':ENAMEL
Item # 3280
Dimensions: L: 24.5" W: 7.25"
Description: Custom replica of French enamel newspaper sign. Blue with white letters and red shadows. Le Petit Journal, a daily Parisian newspaper founded by Mo´se Polydore Millaud, was published from 1863 to 1944. In the 1890s, at the height of its popularity, it had a circulation of a million copies. From 1884 the publication included a weekly illustrated supplement.'Le Petit Journal' organized the first automobile race in history: the 1894 Paris-Rouen Horseless Carriage Competition (Concours des Voitures sans Chevaux), & created the Paris-Brest-Paris road cycling race in 1891.